Thursday, October 15, 2009

Metric - Fantasies (2009)

Hello everyone. First of all, sorry for the lack of updates for the last uh 9 months?! I know!.. what the fuck happened?! Seriously.

I think my life got in the way, but I sure missed all of you. During this very long holiday I was contacted by a few people who wanted me to review their material. I will be posting that later on. All this is very exciting, I cant believe the response the blog's been getting, people want their records in this blog, its very, very flattering and it makes me feel extremely humble. I hail to you, friends.

So I've been thinking on what I could do differently; this needed something fresh, a face lift before we hit the winter... Why not bring in a boy with incredible and positive energy into this? He shares an undying love of music, as do I, and I am positive that he will one day have his own radio show, born to do it, you know? We are currently collaborating in another blog, (I think Paris is inspiring him more than he ever thought) and I have nothing but a damn good feeling about all of this. Welcome, the only dude I know who can like a "tropicalesque" version of 'Dancing Shoes' (Arctic Monkeys) and still look cool, Porti:)!!

With this being said I leave you with a band that has continued to evolve over the years. Its a little feminine, a little in your face, with a touch of indie rock & roll and glitz. The lyrics of the songs are like bedtime stories my mother forgot to tell me.

1. Help I'm Alive
2. Sick Muse
3. Satellite Mind
4. Twilight Galaxy
5. Gold Guns Girls
6. Gimme Sympathy
7. Collect Call
8. Front Row
9. Blindness
10. Stadium Love

Download